DISCLAIMER

This is a personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine. It is solely my opinion. I am not an expert and am not responsible for what you do with my advice and opinions.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, costs incurred,or damages arising from its display or use.
The information in this weblog is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

what is junk to one, is treasure to another,,, tools from holland

hi again, i spoke to my uncle in holland, the tools he sent over, were hand made by him, you can no longer get the gouges that they used years agos, the long tool the draw knife with a handle , also can not be purchase, they are now collector items,,,, and how funny was it back in 1994 when my folks went to holland asked what i wanted them to bring back,,,,, i told them a set of the old woodcarving tools that made wooden shoes, now some in my family in holland couldnt understand back then why the heck i would want that old stuff,,,,,,lol now they know, you cant get it anymore and i was lucky to have my folks find a whole set of six tools that i have now, but i really wanted the draw knife with the handle if nothing else,,,, the guy they got it from wouldnt break the set,,, so i got all of them, i was so happy when they came home back then and told me they found it,,,, what is junk to one is treasure to another.. you never know, happy carving, arleen

No comments: