DISCLAIMER

This is a personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine. It is solely my opinion. I am not an expert and am not responsible for what you do with my advice and opinions.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, costs incurred,or damages arising from its display or use.
The information in this weblog is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, August 3, 2009

my uncle in holland the woodcarver!! wooden shoes

well i went to get my mail today , and my uncle ( oma geert) sent me some tools from holland so that i can now hollow out the wooden shoe i made earlier, i really didnt know how to sharpen these, thinking maybe he should do a video on how to sharpen these, well , i took my tools home, and bingo, there is a video of how to sharpen these tools, to my great surprise, i will do a video on this tonight , to show you why these tools might be tough to sharpen, knives i am fine with gouges i can but i am not fast at it as some folks are, he did a great job and i will soon put a link on it so you folks can see it, when he came here to see his brother ( my dad) back in 1991 , i was carving santas and he wanted to learn so we carve a couple of santas, and he is still carving today, all kinds of things, esp the wooden shoes, the old fashion way his website is www.youtube.com/hobbygeert and you can see him making a wooden shoe, someday i will have to go visit him!

No comments: