DISCLAIMER

This is a personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine. It is solely my opinion. I am not an expert and am not responsible for what you do with my advice and opinions.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, costs incurred,or damages arising from its display or use.
The information in this weblog is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

NEW carverswoodshop carving night??? let me know what you think?.

hello, at the wood carving class yesterday,, we were able to chat about a number of things as we were carving our pine cones,, one idea i had and would like to try to put together,, is the following and i would like your input or ideas about this,, i will post this also on facebook,, so please let me know if this idea would appeal to you,,
i often thought that a weekly get together, to sit and carve whatever projects we were working on, without cost, just a time to be able to see what other folks are working on, i saw this done in canada, at jans place,, i was able to attend, and it was super,, i enjoyed seeing other carvers work of art, and we had some coffee and some chatting,, nice relaxing night,, it was only for about 2 hours,, if you are from the lancaster berks, chester counties, here in pa,, please let me know if you would be interested in this,, i try to arrange it to be where my classes at the mall ,, and thought monday nights or wed night might suit most folks, so please, feedback is welcome, i will sponsor it, and make the arrangements , i had hope in future to hold this free get together at my farm , when i have the shop up,, i will call it the CARVERSWOODSHOP CARVING NIGHT, it will be free for everyone that is interested in woodcarving,, so please email me directly or comment here,, you will see two polls, if you like to have one and what night? this will be helpful to me,, and have a great day carving, arleen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it sounds like a great idea! Makes me wish I was a carver.......!!

Anonymous said...

Arlene your computer outlets are awesome. I'm so impressed with your computer savy-ness as well as carving skills. Everybody should know i was one of the attendees to your pine cone class held this Monday. Here is what I wrote Arlene about my experience. If you can take a class from her you can rest assured it will be a super experience and the tuition is more than reasonable:
Hi Arlen, thanks so much for all the TLC you used during the pine cone class you highlighted here. It was a terrific starter project that really exercised the fundamentals of stop cuts, working the knife in both directions pushing or pulling, safety with gloves-guards and simple painting techniques. I couldn't recommend a better beginner class. I'm just a tad further along but the experienced was enriched with the fellowship with the other carvers and getting to learn from you. You are a wonderful, patient and highly competent teacher. All us guys really enjoyed the time working with you....the day just flew by. Looking forward to the next one. If anyone wants a basic carving you can't do better than taking this one with Arlene Zomer. Herb Lapp, Windsor chair maker and pretty good bowl-lathe turner. :- ))