DISCLAIMER

This is a personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine. It is solely my opinion. I am not an expert and am not responsible for what you do with my advice and opinions.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, costs incurred,or damages arising from its display or use.
The information in this weblog is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

mentors in our life, who are yours? and are you a mentor

hi folks, most of us have had a mentor in our life or as kids some people that were so important to us, yesterday it was a sad day, my uncle len passed away, he and my aunt jean were the two that i got to know the best as a kid, my folks moved to the states from holland and my mothers side went to canada, and my dads side stayed in holland, so as a kid i had no family other that my folks and my sisters around , so when we would have some family come down from canada in the summer it was one of the highlights of my summer. both my aunt and uncle were so fun to be around, i couldnt wait till they came and often cried when they left, as kid they spent alot of time with us, played games and jokes, telling us stories , going places , and were interested in what we did,,,, , he knew about a lot of things, he was interesting to listen to , about holland, and stories of a young man, how they got to canada, he loved his family, and so proud of all of them, you could tell by what he said, but most of all i looked up to him as a kid, and treasure the times they came to visit, once a year maybe two. and the joke we pulled off on a dear friend of mine, and it still gives me and my dear friend a smile today, so folks here is what i am getting at, i try to spend a lot of time with my sister kids as they came to visit, and my friends kids as well, you never know how you will be a mentor in someones life, you might teach boy scouts like wood carver gene messer or david brock, wood carving is a great way to be a mentor to someone, to spend time, and your talent how to carve, or just be a friend to them,
my uncle was a great person, i never met anyone that dislike him , and once you met him you were sure to like him, he was a good person and had great faith in God , and i know he was adored by his kids and grandkids, he will always have a special place in my heart, he will be missed
so who is your mentor, and are you a mentor to someone today? happy and safe carving, arleen

3 comments:

lotsabooks said...

Thank you for your kind comments about Dad. I know he always loved the visits over the years and he had a good laugh about the joke you and your friend played on him.

What a wonderful perspective to encourage all of us to be mentors. One life can touch and make a difference in the lives of so many others.

carverswoodshop said...

your welcome, and you all did a nice service for your dad, take care, leeni

Cynthia said...

You said...
to spend time, and your talent how to carve, or just be a friend to them, my uncle was a great person, i never met anyone that dislike him , and once you met him you were sure to like him, he was a good person and had great faith in God

I have a feeling you are just like your uncle. Take care.