DISCLAIMER

This is a personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine. It is solely my opinion. I am not an expert and am not responsible for what you do with my advice and opinions.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, costs incurred,or damages arising from its display or use.
The information in this weblog is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, July 2, 2010

busy making santa and snowman branch guys,

hi folks , i know some of my videos are slowing down a bit, i need some time to get some things done, i just finished some of my branch guys, ( snowmen and santas) ornaments, i sold one , and the rest will go on my other blog for sale, also i have a new santa that i will be teaching on youtube, it was a request some time ago from a person that came to see me at the lancaster show ,,, from new jersey, so i should be starting that one in the next week or so,,, i have 8 of these branch guys done, finding the wood was a bit of work, i found some, it was so neat cause i take off the first layer of the bark which has a rich brown color to it, and then i carve in the santa face, its been fun to do the wood is really hard, but if i take my time its not to bad, also i am spraying it with the water and alcohol mixture which has help it, i have yet to find popular trees around me lol maybe i am to use this stuff first ,, it holds detail, well the wood i am not sure what it is, its some type of nut tree, cause the wood smells like hickory, but yet different than a hickory tree, happy carving everyone, safe travels, arleen

No comments: