DISCLAIMER

This is a personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine. It is solely my opinion. I am not an expert and am not responsible for what you do with my advice and opinions.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, costs incurred,or damages arising from its display or use.
The information in this weblog is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

learning that some things are not done in a day!!


hi folks,, i put carving aside for a bit,, i will have my classes and open house on sats,, but i been super busy, taking advantage of the great weather ( finally) not muggy here in pa.   i bought some scaffolding that i decided i was going to paint and fix up my home and the farm,, often in the past i if things were to high well i hire someone,, not often but from time to time,,   i had some rain gutters that needed to be reattached, and call a couple of people to get an estimate,, wow,,  i thought if i bought the scaffolding that could reach it,, 22 feet up,,  i could do it myself,, looking around the farm i also have a hayloft barn that needs to be painted, along with some roofing too,   in the past the one barn roof was not that high i always got up on that one with no problem but the other well to high,, i dont mind ladders but the older i get the less i like them,, and trying to carry stuff up to the roof while hanging on,,, well its getting tougher,, i did a lot of farm work in the past so i dont consider myself as weak,, but the 20 foot latter, heavy duty,, well i had a heck of a time to get it up,, i just dont have what i use to,, so i thought scaffolding would work out well, i stagger them so i can climb up to the top, and easy to bring stuff along with me,, a platform to work from,, feel much safer then any ladder, and those that know me , i will figure a way to do it myself,,  yes the cost of the scaffold will pay itself back without hiring a carpenter or painter,, took me a while to figure out how i was going to get stuff done, but now its coming together,,  i am working on my home ,, it needed to be painted long ago,, i pressure washed the cedar siding, and now its being painted,,  nothing is going to be done in a day,, just like carvings sometime,, it will take many days,,   but the end result is the joy of knowing i can still do it myself, and saving myself money in the long run,,  there will be a day that i will have to hire for help but until then i going to enjoy doing it myself,,  so keep carving,, arleen

No comments: