DISCLAIMER

This is a personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine. It is solely my opinion. I am not an expert and am not responsible for what you do with my advice and opinions.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, costs incurred,or damages arising from its display or use.
The information in this weblog is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

carving with meaning, what does yours say about you?

do you ever wonder what your carvings says about you? i had to think about this for a while, is there a message in my carving, or just fun? does your carvings say something about you? what you think, what you feel, about your family, your history, most artists do art with meaning, something they want to say or convey , i thought a lot about this,
what does my carving say to you? does it show humor , does it make you think? does it make you want to try something new or just something fun to do? i hope so, i hope it shows that first i love to carve, and sooo grateful that i can carve, hope it shows you the things i care about, and most of all that i believe in one that that cares for us all, i often see him as the carver, and he is whittling me the way he wants me to be, and what is he trying to convey to others around me? that is a huge question, and so what are you conveying to others from the one that created and carved you?
food for thought, happy and safe carving to ya , arleen


happy carving, arleen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Arleen,

thank you for your last post. It is indeed humbling and exalting at the same time to know that through carving one is closer to the Carver. I am afraid I am not always as docile to His as wood is to mine, but I trust He will make of me what He wants. The rabbit and the bear are very cute!

carverswoodshop said...

thank you andrei, arleen